Monday, September 04, 2006

Top 5 Things You Can do to Support the Campaign

  1. First and foremost, please create a link to this blog in your own blog. In return, I will gladly place a reciprocal link in this blog. Links to this blog will create traffic and will generate support. People cannot support this campaign if they don't know it exists!

  1. If you are a member of a "green" organization (Sierra Club, Green Party, Outdoors Club, etc.) especially those based in Pennsylvania, please mention this campaign in your newsletter or bring it up in your next meeting. Word of mouth communication will be a powerful force in spreading information about the campaign. In addition, if your organization has a listserve, please forward a link to this campaign to that list.

  1. If you receive an email about the Campaign for a Green University of Pittsburgh, please forward it to your friends, especially those you believe would support the campaign.

  1. Fourth, tell your circle of friends about this website, especially if you are a student at Pitt. As a recent Pitt graduate I know how fast news can spread within the student body. I believe support from current students will be crucial in the success of this campaign!

  1. Fifth, write emails or letters about this website to the Pitt News and the University Times. Getting information about the campaign published in a university news source is a sure way to gain publicity for the campaign.



As you can see, the main goal is to spread the word about the campaign! Even if I spent all of my time trying to spread the word about the campaign on my own, I wouldn't be able to achieve what a thousand people, spending 5 minutes a day could achieve. I know that I cannot do this on my own. I need your active, not your passive support!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Nov. 22nd I created a group on facebook named after your campaign. It's up to 77 members at the present time and I'm sure will grow much further. A link to your petition was recently placed on there and you should see some signatures coming your way.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Barbosa said...

thanks for the boost William! Does the Facebook page still exist?

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home